How to get your US Green Card

Leave a Comment
November 20th, 2015
Categories: CEO's Blog

How to get your US Green Card?

Would you like to permanently reside in the United States? For this there is only one solution: be a Green Card holder.

Indeed, the Green Card entitles the holder to live and work in the US without any restrictions.

Below is a brief overview of the main ways to get a Green Card.


Get your green card through employment

The precious document is focused primarily on:

  • Executives and business managers
  • High levels of researchers, PhD students and teachers
  • To people with exceptional skills, talents recognized in Arts, Sports, Education, Science
  • Persons employed by a US company, contractors, people working in a specific field are also eligible for the Green Card.

How to do it:

Your employer must initially complete the Form I-140 (Petition for Alien Worker Immigration)

Thereafter, send the application and registration fees to the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services)

Your employer (sponsor) receives a notification informing him of the decision that has been made.

If your application is validated, the NVC (National Visa Center) will indicate you the next step to follow.


Be related to a US citizen

In some cases, you can be sponsored by a member of your family if you are directly related to a US citizen to get your Green Card.

How to do it:

The procedure is the same as for the Immigration Petition for Alien Worker.

Your American sponsor (spouse, brother, sister ...) complete I-130 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Relative)

Send your complete application and the fees to the USCIS.

Once your application is processed, your sponsor will receive a notification of the final decision.


Being a refugee or asylum seeker

If you entered the United States by being a refugee or asylum seeker or if you are a direct family member of an asylum seeker, you can apply to the US Green Card one year after residing in the country.

Note that as a refugee, it is mandatory to seek permanent resident status after spending a year on American soil.


The American lottery

Finally the Jackpot: the US lottery.

Each year, according to immigration law in the United States, the US Government issued 50,000 visas in the "American Immigration Lottery" or more technically called "Diversity Visa Program".

This precious document entitles the holder to obtain permanent residency and the possibility of exercising his profession in the United States. That gives it all the advantages and benefits of a US resident. It also offers him the opportunity to become an American citizen if he wishes.

Registration is free and only requires a scanned picture to enter the lottery.

In 2014, 11 million people have tried their luck. Only 0.5% of applicants were able to get their green card.


For more information and to register, visit: